Slow economy got you down? Can’t afford that weekly trip to the movie theater? Maybe you should watch a movie here at the Main library instead – you can meet new people, indulge in our free (and sometimes even healthy) snacks, and impress your friends with your newfound cinematic knowledge. Just pick the series that suits you best!
International Cinema Sunday
First Sunday of each month at 2 PM
Highlighting films from around the world. Watch out, there will be subtitles.
- February 1: Kolya (Czech Republic)
- March 1: The Sea Inside (Spain)
- April 5: Eat Drink Man Woman (China)
Second Saturday of each month at 1 PM
Featuring films you may have missed.
- February 14: Wristcutters
- March 14: Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day
- April 11: The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
Real to Reel Documentary Film Series
Third Thursday of each month at 7 PM
Need a reality check? Come see why true stories are as entertaining as fiction.
- February 19: Black Gold: Wake Up and Smell the Coffee
- March 19: Recipes for Disaster and Gimme Green
- April 16: The World According to Monsanto
All films are shown in the Center for Museum Education – Classroom A.
- From the front entrance: Walk straight through the First Floor, down the rear stairs, and through the glass doors. Classroom A is on the right.
- From the rear (portal) entrance: Walk straight past the museum security office (on the left) and through the glass doors. Classroom A is on the left.
If you get lost, just ask one of the guards or employees!
Note: this post is made from 71% recycled content. Check to see if post recycling is available in your area.