Tomorrow is the twelfth anniversary of my first day at this fine institution. In honor of that glorious occasion, here are twelve twelve-related items from my department!
- 12 – Ah, we start with a depressing foreign film. This one looks like a Russian version of 12 Angry Men, which is of course also on this list.
- 12 Angry Men – See? We thought of it first. In 1956 and with Henry Fonda, no less.
- 12 Monkeys – Whenever I see this movie, I have to remind myself that no one in 1996 could have predicted our current cell phone technology.
12: the Elements of Great Managing – I’m not a manager. I’m not sure if I want to be a manager. But I know where to find useful books on CD about managing.
Ocean’s Twelve – Last year I could have written about Ocean’s Eleven, but this year I’m stuck with Ocean’s Twelve. As noted previously, you can’t win em all. And hey, there’s Brad Pitt again!
The Twelve Chairs – Featuring Mel Brooks, but not written by Mel Brooks. Somehow this confuses me. There are Russian (12 Stulev) and Spanish (Las Doce Sillas) versions of this film, too. (Note: if you’re keeping track, this entry counts as three twelve-related items.)
- Twelve O’Clock High – Looks like Gregory Peck’s an excellent candidate for PTSD.
- Twelve Sharp – Sue Grafton is running out of letters, but Janet Evanovich will never run out of numbers. That’s good planning, that is. This one is a book on CD, of course.
- Vivre sa Vie: Film en Douze Tableaux– And we’re back to where we started, with a depressing foreign film. Remember kids, not everyone can be an actor. Or actress. Or even a key grip.
Will I last another 12 years? Will this library last another 12 years? Will Brad Pitt ever star in any movies based on Janet Evanovich books? Tune in again in 2023 to find out!
Leave a comment on today’s post for a chance at today’s prize in the 29 Gifts giveaway. Daily winners will be contacted by e-mail.