“So come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned. Just think of happy things, and your heart will fly on wings, forever, in Never Never Land!”
― J.M. Barrie,
Being a grown-up is definitely not all it’s cracked up to be. As I get older and the world gets crazier, I seem to get more wistful and nostalgic for time gone by.
There is one plus to all this, though: getting to attend grown-up things like After Hours at the Library, which is planned for this Friday and will feature the theme of Neverland.
If you’re local to Pittsburgh, you still have time to escape with us and join in the fun. Here’s what you need to know:
DATE: Friday, October 9, 2015
TIME: 7pm – 10pm
WHAT: Experience a magical night in Neverland. Enjoy craft drinks, light bites, delicious desserts and live entertainment!
- Drink selections including Wigle Whiskey cocktails, Full Pint Brewing beer, Kaliber Brewing gluten-free hard teas, juice box margaritas and wine
- Gourmet hors d’oeuvres from Sweet Peaches, The Pub Chip Shop and Legume
- A treasure hunt with your favorite Peter Pan characters
- Live performances from local bands Nameless in August and Wolves in Sheep’s Clothing
- Nostalgic fun, including temporary tattoos, screen printing, crocodile corn hole and crafts
- A photo booth to capture your night in Neverland
- Silent auction and raffle for great items from local business
VIP Presale: $45 per person, includes a Neverland drinking glass (Quantities are limited.)
(Guess what? As an Eleventh Stack reader, you’re a VIP!)
General Admission: $55 per person
Hors d’oeuvres and three (3) drink tickets included in the ticket price
Sorry, no lost boys allowed. Guests must be 21 or older to attend.
Thank you to our October 2015 After Hours Sponsors!
After Hours @ the Library supports the day-to-day operations of Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh. For tax purposes, the fair market value of the refreshments and entertainment for the event is $25. The tax-deductible portion of each ticket is the cost of the ticket, less $25.
For questions about the event, please call 412.622.6276. We hope to see you there!
~ Melissa F.