Like many of my CLP colleagues, I am an avid podcast listener. On our internal messaging system, we’ve had quite a few conversations about our favorites, and I definitely spotted more than one co-worker at the recent Welcome to NightVale live show in Pittsburgh. I thought it would be fun to put together a list of book recommendations based on podcasts that I listen to. Here are some of my choices – feel free to share ideas of your own, I’d love to hear ‘em!
- If you like The Nerdist or Late Show with Stephen Colbert Podcast, try Poking a Dead Frog – Conversations with today’s top comedy writers by Mike Sachs or Zombie, Spaceship, Wasteland by Patton Oswalt
- If you like Pop Culture Happy Hour or Mom on Pop, try The Secret History of Wonder Woman by Jill Lepore, Sex Drugs and Cocoa Puffs by Chuck Klosterman, or My Year of Flops by Nate Rabin
- If you like The Read, try Black Girl Dangerous: On Race, Queerness, Blackness & Gender by Mia McKenzie or Decoded by Jay-Z
- If you like Savage Lovecast, try Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari or Perv by Jesse Bering
- if you like Serial, try The Journalist and the Murderer by Janet Malcolm, True Story: Murder, Memoir, Mea Culpa by Michael Finkel, or Everything I never Told You by Celeste Ng