Humans have made music for thousands of years, and yet we still manage to keep coming up with new and pleasing combinations of sounds. That’s a good reason to celebrate, don’t you think?
The Library agrees. On March 7, 2014 our After Hours series continues with a magical mystery tour through centuries of sound, in partnership with the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra. Mark your calendars, buy your tickets, and swing by Main Library at 7 p.m. sharp for trivia, tasty nibbles, and tunes.
- Delicious drink selections from Pittsburgh Winery and Full Pint Brewing.
- Hors d’oeuvres from our sponsors, including Legume, Thin Man Sandwich Shop, and Marty’s Market.
- Live-action Trivial Pursuit.
- Creative activities celebrating Country, Pop, Rock, R&B, Hip-Hop and Classical music.
- LIVE music featuring André Costello and the Cool Minors and Nameless in August.
- Raffles, a silent auction, desserts, cocktails, and much more!
Whether you’re a coloratura soprano or strictly a “sing to the cats when nobody else is around” sort of person, you’ll find something to love at After Hours. Click here to buy your tickets, and click here for more information about the event, our sponsors and partners, and the tax-deductible value of your ticket purchase.
Sing out if you’re coming! And don’t forget to spread the word.