Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to practice your instrument or sing with a band in your own space whenever the spirit moves you? The library can help! We have Recorded Accompaniments that will allow you to do just that.
Recorded Accompaniments are music scores that contain CDs with recorded songs minus an instrument or the vocal part, for you to play along. It’s like karaoke for whatever instrument you choose. Some of these series are put out by different publishers with the names “Music Minus One” or “Play-Along.”
Here are some examples on how to search for this type of material in our catalog. The subject headings will be in this format:
- Guitar, all music types: Recorded Accompaniments (guitar)
- Drums: Recorded Accompaniments (drums)
- Vocal, for any musical type you can imagine: Recorded Accompaniments (voice)
- Look at the full list of instruments
Try a search with your favorite instrument! We have saxophone, harmonica, viola, accordion, trumpet, and lots more. We have all types of genres, like blues, jazz, heavy metal, and classical music. We have the vocal music of Elvis, Broadway in male and female editions, Lady Gaga, opera, R & B, you name it.
Here are some examples of the types of CDs that are available, taken from the descriptions right on the material:
- “Enhanced CDs comprise full performances and piano accompaniments; includes tempo adjustment software.”
- “Compact disc comprises demo and play-along tracks; playable on regular CD player and computer; includes tempo adjustment software.”
- “The 1st compact disc comprises complete versions and tracks without viola; the 2nd CD comprises a slow tempo practice version.”
Here is a smattering of random samples from our collection: