Good morning Pittsburgh! While you were sleeping, a dedicated group of hardcore library supporters stayed up all night reading to the people…and they’re still reading. That’s right. As we slowly inch toward sunrise, and with less than six hours to go, Pittsburghers from all walks of life are reading, staffing volunteer tables, and learning about the Our Library, Our Future voter initiative.
Here are just a few of the overnight highlights:
- Sci-fi and fantasy ruled the wee hours, from Neil Gaiman and Douglas Adams to C.S. Lewis and J.K. Rowling.
- Nerdfighters. Who knew?
- Poignant readings from The Hunger Games, The Book of Lost Things, and The Fifth Agreement
- Two words: David Conrad. Hilarity ensued!
- Classic literature from Twain, Salinger and Burroughs
- Loads of giddy, caffeinated, and/or sleep-deprived laughter and banter
Green with envy? It’s not too late! We’ll be reading to the people until noon today, so stop by Main Library in Oakland. Upcoming highlights include children’s books and family-friendly fun, a visit from some local luminaries, and a grand finale that will knock your socks off.
Hope to see you soon! If you simply can’t, please check us out, and spread the word, on Facebook, Twitter and Flickr.
blogging and yawning.
2 responses to “While You Were Sleeping”
I’m glad we braved the chill to read! That was a lot of fun!
Yay! I’m so glad you had a good time. :)