Those pesky late fees! No matter how we all try, occasionally the timely return of that library book just doesn’t happen. Suddenly there’s an overdue fee (or two) on your account. Or perhaps you have a friend or child who seems to periodically accrue just enough fees to block his account. It’s frustrating for him, for you, and for the library staff when you can’t visit us and borrow the things you want or use the computer. So what is a savvy library-lover to do?
Introducing….The CLP Prepaid Late Fee Gift Card!
- Hanukkah gift?
- Holiday stocking stuffer?
- Secret Santa?
- Upcoming birthday?
- Favorite teacher?
- Straight-A student reward?
The uses are endless! Give the gift of reading and take away the worry of late fees.
Here’s how it works:
- Purchase a Gift Card for $10 at the Customer Services desk.
- Give to a friend, loved one, or use yourself.
- When you accumulate late fees at the library, simply have your card “punched” to cover your fee!
- Each punch is worth $1.00. Buy $10 and get $1 “free”!
- The card is only good towards late fees—sorry, but lost items must be paid for.
- No cash value/refunds—fees must be paid to the nearest dollar.
- Good only at Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh locations.
- No expiration and lost cards are the responsibility of the purchaser.
Of course we hope that you’ll return our items on time (and borrow more) but we also understand that life can get busy. Your fees help the library in many ways so when you pay them, know that they go towards all the things you value—our collections, our staff, keeping locations open, doing programs. Every little bit helps. Before you get a late fee, here are a few things to remember:
- Save your due date receipt and make sure you know which items are due when. Don’t be fooled by one week items.
- Monitor your account online.
- Know the rules for renewals—no bestsellers or 6-hour DVDs, don’t wait until it’s overdue, and no renewals if someone else has a hold on it.
When the late fee happens, we hope that you’ll pay it cheerfully and know it goes to support something you love. We know you’ll lend us support in whatever ways you can—and the new Prepaid Late Fee card will help others you care about to enjoy the library, too!