The Pittsburgh Symphony Book Club’s second session will be about the book 1791, Mozart’s Last Year by H. C. Robbins Landon. Read it and find out about Mozart’s debts, his wardrobe, the milieu of Vienna, his declining health, and most important, the stories behind his final masterpieces.
Date: Monday, November 9, 2009
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Location: Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh, Main Library (Oakland) — Music Department
Once again, let’s review why you should attend!
- a member of the illustrious Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra will be participating in the discussion — for this session it’s cellist Charlotta Klein Ross
- local radio celebrity Jim Cunningham of WQED-FM will also be there
- since it takes place in the Music Department, other materials relating to the subject will be on hand for you to check out
- it’s an informal discussion so don’t fret if you don’t finish the book
- you may attend any or all of the meetings
- it’s free
Please call 412-622-3105 to register.
p.s. Click here to see the other upcoming meetings of the PSO book club.