Note: this post is made from 75% recycled content. Check to see if post recycling is available in your area.
If our bazillion movies on DVDs and VHS tapes aren’t enough for you, why not stop by and watch a movie here at the Main library? You can meet some new people, indulge in our free snacks, and impress your friends with your newfound cinematic knowledge. Just pick the series that suits you best!
International Cinema Sunday
First Sunday of each month at 2 PM
Highlighting films from around the world! Watch out, there will be subtitles.
Second Saturday of each month at 1 PM (15 minute intermission between movies)
Featuring a classic and a current movie in a different genre each month. Come to one or both!
- October 11: Halloween Humor – Ghostbusters and Shaun of the Dead
- November 8: Martial Arts – Enter the Dragon and Fearless
- December 13: Espionage – Dr. No and The Bourne Ultimatum
Real to Reel Documentary Film Series
Third Thursday of each month at 7 PM
Need a reality check? Come see why true stories are as entertaining as fiction.
- October 16: Thin Ice
- November 20: Life in a Basket and The Collector of Bedford Street
- December 18: Hummerland
If you (heaven forbid) miss a film that you really really wanted to see, just look it up in the catalog. All of these movies go into our regular collections after the screenings.
All films are shown in the Center for Museum Education – Classroom A.
- From the front entrance: Walk straight through the First Floor, down the rear stairs, and through the glass doors. Classroom A is on the right.
- From the rear (portal) entrance: Walk straight past the museum security office (on the left) and through the glass doors. Classroom A is on the left.
If you get lost, just ask one of the guards or employees!