Military mavens and modellers alike know the name Osprey, immediately identifying it with the extensive line of mostly soft-cover reference manuals on all aspects of soldiers and warfare from ancient times to the present. These slim little books also make great references for students doing papers, and costume designers working on period pieces. The amazing drawings, photographs, and informative text in these books provide excellent information, and increasingly, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh carries many Osprey titles.
To find a comprehensive list of Osprey titles in our online catalog, simply do a Keyword search for “osprey” and limit your results to location Main. Try this link for a ready-made search.
Here’s a short list of just a few of the titles we carry from Osprey’s massive catalog:
- Château Thierry & Belleau Wood 1918 : America’s baptism of fire on the Marne / David Bonk ; illustrated by Peter Dennis.
- The wars of the Barbary pirates : to the shores of Tripoli : the rise of the US Navy and Marines / Gregory Fremont-Barnes
- Balaclava 1854 : the charge of the Light Brigade/ John Sweetman
- Rorke’s drift, 1879 : pinned like rats in a hole / Ian Knight
- Genghis Khan & the Mongol conquests, 1190-1400 / Stephen Turnbull