In 1984 the National Coffee Association aired a promtional ad that featured David Bowie, Cecily Tyson, and other “coffee achievers” in an attempt to promote a positive image of both brew and bean. Here’s the clip:
25 years later, it’s hard to believe coffee ever needed publicity! Large chain stores and independent shops can be found everywhere you look, including your library. Coffee also makes countless appearances in pop culture, to the point where it’s practically a fashion accessory.
Love it or hate it, coffee appears to be here to stay. With the help of your library’s collection, you can:
- Make your own coffee creations.
- Decide for yourself whether coffee is heavenly or hellish.
- Learn about fair trade coffee.
- Round up medical opinions to share with your doctor.
- Get advice on business and leadership.
- And last, but certainly not least, read some clever coffee-themed fiction!